If you have not repented of your sins and sought forgiveness from God then you are not a Christian and here are some truths you ought to consider.
“When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, ‘Brothers, what shall we do?’. Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'” Act 2 v37-38
- God has created us all and He is the Lord of our lives. “the Lord God formed the man form the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.” Genesis 2 v7. Because of this we will all have to give an account of our lives to our Maker.
- God is displeased with all sin because it is rebellion against His revealed will. “The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who supress the truth by their wickedness.” Romans 1 v18. “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” Romans 3 v23. The sin that is most offensive to God is that of unbelief – refusing to love and honour His only beloved Son, Jesus Christ.
- God has spoken to us in the Bible. “All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness” 2 Timothy 3 v16. That is why the Bible is such a special book and the Church’s first task is to preach its great message of salvation.
- God tells us in the Bible that our greatest need is to have our sins forgiven so that we might be saved from His wrath. “Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.” Isiah 55 v66-67.
- God tells us that there is only one way to be saved, and that is through the Lord Jesus Christ. “Salvation is found in no-one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” Acts 4 v12.
- God tells us that to enjoy this salvation we must turn from our sinful ways with true sorrow, and trust the Lord Jesus for our deliverance on the day of judgement. “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved.” Acts 16 v31.
If you have any comments or questions about this gospel message please contact us using the link on the homepage. We will be pleased to give you any help we can.
“Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on him while he is near…”